Saturday, January 2, 2010

Framed Calendar Pages

Happy New Year!!! Here is a little tutorial that you would probably already know how to do but what the hey? I was taking pictures and I might as well.

My son loves the Wiggles and Blues Clues. I wanted to get something for his room that he could look at and make his walls a little less bare. When I was at the Dollar Store the other day I saw this calendar and thought it would be perfect. I also bought the frame there as well.
I painted the frame with a blue acrylic paint that I had on hand. Perfect color too! I did two coats and that seemed to be enough.
I took a picture out that I wanted to frame and cut it down. Since the dollar store doesn't sell frames in the unfinished 8x10" size I had to go with the 8.5x11" size. I just got a piece of cardstock and used it to fill in the spaces. I glued the picture at the very top and very bottom just so that it wouldn't move in the frame.
I stuck the picture in the frame and voila! Done.
A pretty easy project and it's so cheap. The frame was $1. The calendar was $1 but since I only used one picture it was about $.08. The rest I had on hand so the picture was really $1.08. Not bad huh?

Looking at the lone picture on the wall makes me want to do more. I was going to do more anyways. I just wanted to make sure the frame would work with the picture. I think I will do 3 more so they all make a nice square.

Signature

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Website Visitor Tracking