Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn

Every year I make Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn. Every year people devour it ask for the recipe. I am going to share the easiest yummiest recipe. Well, I haven't ever used a recipe but I will give you a general ballpark of what I use and you can cater it to what you like.
People will love you if you make it for them.

1/2 C popcorn kernals (popped of course)
2 C white chocolate
crushed peppermint (to taste)
Pop the popcorn. Sift out the kernels. Set aside.

Crush the peppermint. I have used candy canes and peppermint disks. Whatever you want. How I do it is by unwrapping the candy and putting it in a gallon size plastic bag. Pound the heck out of it. I use a meat mallet. Flat side. It gets a little messy because the candy breaks through the bag but most of it will stay in the bag.
Put your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. I get our white chocolate in the bulk section at our store. They come in disks the size of quarters.
Microwave for 45 sec to a minute. Stir. Microwave a second time about 30 sec. Stir again. If it still looks a little lumpy put it in for 15 more seconds. Usually that does the trick.
It comes out nice and smooth.
Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn and a little bit of the peppermint. Stir till popcorn is coated well.
Pour a little bit more peppermint on top and stir again. I do this three times. That usually gives a good amount of peppermint. This is where you can really do your own judging. Taste test it. See what you like.
Pour onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet and set in a cold place. At this time of year I set it outside. Today was perfect because it's cold, breezy, and sunny. The chocolate usually cools off in five minutes.
Bring the cookie sheet inside and break up the popcorn with your hands. Then put them into bags for gift giving. Or just eat it yourself. Sometimes it's just too good to pass up.
Enjoy!
Signature

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Website Visitor Tracking