Thursday, October 29, 2009

DVD/CD Homemade Card

A couple of years ago I decided to make a DVD of my little family for that whole year. It was the best pictures and memories. Since it was my first time I wanted to send it in a cute way as well. I found a magazine that showed you how to make a card to hold a DVD or CD. I thought that was cute enough and made about 10 of them. Just to warn you in advance. This does take awhile. You have to cut a lot of paper. Or it depends on how you decorate your card.

Here is a little tutorial on how I did it. For this tutorial I am making a wedding card.

The supplies for this card were:
Two solid 12x12 papers (one doesn't have to be 12x12)
Two pattern papers (don't have to be 12x12)
Stickers, sticker pearls, and paper flowers
Ribbon (two kinds)
paper cutter and scoring attachment
hole punch (see picture)
scissors
lighter


Here is a little diagram of how you are going to cut the 12x12 paper.
1. First you cut the paper down to 10x10 inches.
2. Score 2 1/2" in from each edge. See image a.
3. Cut all four corners off. You may have to trim so that they fold down good. See image b.
4. Fold the scored lines and then fold them into each other like you would do a box. See image c.(Here is where I scored the paper. You may have to click on the picture to get a better look.)
(With the corners cut out.)
(Folded at the scored lines.)
(Starting to fold into each other.)
(Folded like a box top.)
5. Cut out squares of paper slightly smaller than the squares of the card.
6. Do the same for the next set of papers. I used two different papers to embellish.
7. To do the ribbon I use a special paper punch that I got from Stampin Up. It's perfect for pulling ribbon through. I punch the corner of both (same) papers. Cut ribbon and heat seal it. Pull through the slots.
8. Use stickers and whatever else you have to embellish your card. I used pre-made wedding stickers, sticky pearls, and little paper flowers.
9. Glue them all on to each square of the card and you are done. (It's probably better to glue the paper onto the card before you start embellishing. Except for the ribbon. That has to be done before it's glued down.)
Finished card. Perfect for the happy couple if you are doing a picture DVD or mixed CD. Really the ideas are endless. You could even do something totally different.
Here is a Christmas one I did a couple years ago.

Happy Crafting!

Signature

1 comment:

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi Tierra...Love your blog!!! I found it thru Carmel Apple Giveaway...I have a blog I've been doing for a few months with crafts,recipes,home decor items...I do alot of stuff like you...I love people who use their creativity so well...what a gift!!! Good Job!!! We are havng a Free giveaway (Now until Nov.7th) @santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
We are giving away an Italian Stone w/Vinyl lettering ..saying is about Family,Home, & Blessings...check it out if you like giveaways..& if you choose to enter..I wish you the Best of Luck!!! Barb P.S. Thanks for all your tutorials!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Website Visitor Tracking