Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Paint and Decoupage Wood Letters

I just wanted to share a project that I did for my daughter. I always wanted to have her name in wood lettering on the wall and found some cute letters at Michael's for about a dollar each.
Here is what I did to make these cute letters.
1. Buy letters to make your name, acrylic paint the color you want, stickers, sand paper, and decoupage glue.
2. Sand down the areas that are rough.
3. Paint the letters. Let them dry. I think I did two coats of paint on these letters.
4. Put the sticker on the letter where you want it to go. Smooth down on all surfaces. You can see the sticker was bigger than the flat part of the letter. I just used my nail to push it into the creases.
5. Decoupage the top of the letter. I did it a couple times to make sure the sticker stayed on. Let dry.
6. You are done. I ended up tying some ribbon around a couple of the other letters just to tie in with her decor.
A close up of the sticker.

As you can tell, it's pretty easy to make. I just don't have pictures of the process. There are other ways to do it too. Play around and come up with something that fits your decor.
Happy Crafting!
Signature

2 comments:

Emma Hardeman said...

Where did you find your wood letters?

Tierra said...

I got them at Michael's. That was almost 5 years ago. I bet they are still there though.

Tierra

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Website Visitor Tracking