Saturday, March 27, 2010

Flower Headband

I found this tutorial at Get Your Craft On and fell in love. So I had to do them. My daughter had her birthday today and I made them as a party favor for the girls. I think they turned out SO cute. You think? Check out how to make them. You'll be making a ton too. (I read someone's tip in the comments about taking the string that goes through the ribbon and just pull on that. I did that with the purple and hot pink ribbon. Worked like a charm. The only ribbon I had to sew was the light pink ribbon.)

Here is my daughter modeling the one she chose.
I just had to put in the chocolate strawberries that I made. They turned out pretty cute and yummy. They are so easy to make too. All I did was melt the white chocolate disks in the microwave (1 minutes, stir, 30 seconds, stir, done) and dip the strawberries in the chocolate. Put the dipped strawberries on wax paper to cool. I had some leftover melted chocolate so I added some red dye and put it in a plastic sandwich bag, cut the corner off and drizzled it over the strawberries. It took me, what?, 5 minutes to do it all? Awesome!

Signature

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I LOVE your ribbon flowers...those turned out perfect! And what a great idea to give them as party favors...i love it! Thanks for sharing and thanks for checking out my blog!

lynette
getyourcrafton.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Website Visitor Tracking