Thursday, April 7, 2011

Clothing Swap

I have been inspired, after talking to a friend, to do a clothing swap.  She was telling me that there is a huge one that she goes to every year and comes back with bags and bags of stuff.  Well, that sounded awesome.  It was all free and she got to get rid of stuff too.
I decided that I wanted to do it.  Well I went a little crazy in my house.  I went through every room in my house and pulled out everything I wanted to get rid of.  Let's just say that I am major spring cleaning and it feels SO good to do it.
I have been holding on to clothes that my kids grew out of since my 6 year old was a baby.  I only have the two kids and who knows if/when we will have another one.  By the time I were to have another child (if I got pregnant now) my oldest would be 7 and then all the clothes I loved then would not be what I will love now.  So, I cleaned out EVERYTHING that didn't fit my kids now.  That is a lot of clothes.  So, I have infant-5T clothes from my daughter and infant-24 month from my son. I also have toys that they don't play with anymore that I am getting rid of.  On top of those, I have my clothes, shoes, purses, books, and homeware I'm giving away. 
This is about half of what I am getting rid of.  Awesome right?  I am not going to know what to do with all the space.  Be organized maybe?  I will have about 15 bins that will have nothing in them after this.  Hmmmm.  What to put in them. 

So, get inspired.  Do some cleaning.  Do a swap. 
I will post about the swap.  It will be happening in two days. 
Just for your information.  This is a swap that has only items that can be donated after it's done.  Meaning that all items donated needs to be in clean and in working order.  No rips, stains, broken, etc...
Bring items to share, take things home.  For free.  Everything else will be donated to Deseret Industries/Goodwill.  A good cause all around.
This is one of those swaps that's going to be crazy but I plan on having more after this.  Only more specific.  This time it is all clothing, toys, books, and jewelry.  The next one would maybe just be home decor.  Or maybe men's clothes, or shoes, or whatever everyone is interested in swapping. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Awesome! If I were there, I would totally be swapping! We organized one in the Roseville stake last year. For the 1st annual, it was awesome. People were bringing BAGS and BOXES all night long and leaving with bags and boxes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Website Visitor Tracking