Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fabric Flower Hair Clip

For church I had bought my daughter a cute little red and white dress. (I'll put it on later.) I was looking at the hair accessories she had and wanted something different than the flower I usually use. I decided to raid my fabric stash and found a fat quarter of this fabric. It was a perfect match so I cut a 3 inch strip, folded it in half and ironed it, did a gather stitch on the raw side, pulled it in so that it gathered and glued it into a circle. Then I added a decorative button.
On the other side I cut out a circle in fleece and cut two little slits in it. then I glued that to the bottom of the flower and added a lined alligator clip through the two slits.

It turned out so cute. What's funny is that when we got to church we found that one of Caelan's friends had the SAME dress on. Now the mom wants a clip like I made and I just might have to make one for her so that the girls can match.

Signature

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Website Visitor Tracking